Maeve McKean Cluster Cares Fund
The COVID pandemic has taken a toll on families across DC, including the Cluster community. In response, the Cluster PTA – in close consultation with school administrators and social workers – has launched a campaign specifically to help our Cluster families in need. Contributions will help families pay bills, buy groceries and medicine and take care of daily essentials. While the PTA has facilitated setting up the fund, our administrators/family support team will make donation decisions. Before our PTA President Maeve McKean passed away, she worked tirelessly to get this fund set up. In her memory, this donation campaign will be named the Maeve McKean Cluster Cares Fund.
Fundraising Breakdown – 2020
- May — We gave 48 gift cards to Cluster families in need. ($250 to either Walmart, Giant or Safeway for a total of $12,000)
- July — Donation to Homeless Playtime Project for $750 and Donation to Everyone Home DC’s Back to School Drive for $750
- August — 30 gift cards to Cluster families to help with back to supplies ($50 to Walmart for a total of $1500)
- Early September — $250 to S-H Family to assist with flooded home
- Mid/Late September — 10 COVID Bags for Peabody and Watkins Families ($100 each for a total of $1,000)
- December — Raised an additional $1300 through Cluster Yard Sign sales with proceeds towards the Maeve McKean Cluster Cares Fund
Support the Fund
Email sign-up for events and other happenings
Hello! Thank you so much for coming to visit the site. If you haven’t already given your email, please do so if you would like to hear about events and more ways to stay involved.